This is by far our favourite Bob Evans film.
Shot in 1966 it has so much to love about it;
- early footage of teenage Midget Farrelly hotdogging freestyle.
- rare footage of the most stylish surfer of that era the late Bobby Brown who was murdered in a barfight in 1967.
- Lovely footage of the incomparable Phil Edwards.
- The gifted talents of a young Nat Young, who would go on to win the World Titles in surfing the year this was shot.
- The early scenic shots of Byron Bay and Noosa towns in 1966.
- The old cars
- Ultimately, the soundtrack. The soundtrack by Sven Libaek is futuristic. The smooth soul jazz instrumentals were way ahead of their time. Libaek (of Norweigian/Australia decent) and born in 1938, went on to make soundtracks for all sorts of films beyond surfing including 'The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones' (1987) Scooby Doo, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound and other cult classic sounds.
*All our products ship internationally. But we do it manually for some of them, via email quotes on freight. Please email us if you have any questions.
watch the trailer here.
Issue 24.3 of TSJ features a retrospective on the work of Australia’s Bob Evans, one of surfing’s most prolific early film- and magazine-makers. Evans ran with the influential surfers of his time and place, including Bob McTavish and Nat Young (whose recollections of Evans appear in the magazine). One of Evans’ classic, if less remembered, surf films is the 1968 release, Ride a White Horse. In the film Evans documents a significant crossroads in surfing history that’s easy to appreciate decades later. We see Young and McTavish sharing long point waves and slowly testing their more involved approaches. George Greenough even makes a guest appearance on his kneeboard. The following excerpt from the film captures sessions at Double Island Point and Noosa with McTavish, Young, and Greenough—and at least one wave shared by all three. The Surfers Journal
* We do discounts on 2 or more DVD's ordered together. Email us if you want the 15% discount code.
If you want an instant library, well here it is. YEW! Simply click through and hand over the $60. We will then email you and co-ordinate which 3 titles...
Children of the Sun will stir memories of the happiest days in any surfers life... those uncomplicated hot sunny days... no crowds... never to be forgotten fun filled days. Filmed in...
We have 3 of these remaining as of August 30th, 2019. On sale. If you want a Wayne Lynch signed collectible please contact us. We can arrange. This image was...
SOLD --- Gone --- we made two of these --- if you think we should make another one and pester Greenough ---- then hassle me on firstname.lastname@example.org This...